Founder | Chairman & CEO
- Daniel has led seed stage investing through IPO as a financial and operating executive for over 25 years having raised debt and equity capital exceeding $1 Billion. Daniel lived in Europe for many years after first working abroad in South America in 1995 building what later became assets of Nextel International.
- He has operating experience in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America and is comfortable working with all levels of management, investors and political advisors in developing countries.
- Hired in 1989 as assistant controller with OneComm Corporation “Nasdaq CCAL” a Centennial Ventures start-up, IPO July, 1993, Aqcuired by Nextel in 1994 at a $750 Million valuation. Held positions in Finance, Operations, Treasury and took on direct P&L responsibility for the Pacific Northwest Operating Region as Director of Operations.
- Hired by Donald Sturm as SVP and Chief Financial Officer of Hostmark LTD, London England, a Sturm Group Portfolio Company. Europe’s largest data center operator at the time, brought in by The Sturm Group to drive change, restructure and exit. Managed the restructuring and sale to WorldPort Communications based in Dublin, Ireland in less than 13 months.
- Hired as Managing Director of the Sturm Group, a $500 Million Private Equity Fund with 17 technology investments. Assumed Board Positions in all portfolio companies, CEO and CFO roles for the larger investments leading the restructuring of many domestic and international technology companies of the fund. Closed multiple mergers and sales returning capital to the fund at unprecedented levels during post bubble years from 2000-2004.
- Recruited by The Gores Group, London office, managed the financial restructuring of Real Software based in Antwerp Belgium. Real Software had over 2,000 employees and revenues exceeding $175 million.
- Founded The Stage Fund in 2009 to acquire companies in the mist of change due to economic shifts, the massive changes in Equity Capital investing and mismanagement.
- Graduated from The University of Rhode Island, BS Accounting and Finance.